This Agreement is made the (day,month,year) between: The Artist, Connie Nobbe, (address, phone number, and email)
(The Purchaser) (name, address, phone number and email)
Purchaser wishes to commission the Artist to create an artistic portrait of the subject of the client’s choice. By entering into this contract, the Purchaser acknowledges that they have reviewed other work of the Artist and are familiar with the Artist’s style. Examples of the Artist’s work can be viewed at www.connienobbe.com. The Purchaser may request revisions to preliminary sketches or the final Artwork. The Artist will consider such requests, but all revisions instituted will be at the discretion of the Artist.
Agreement between Artist & Collector as follows
1. The Artwork:
2. After signing this agreement, the Artist will create an Artwork based on the description above.
3. Payment Schedule:
Price$__________________+ sales tax _______________= Total Price $____________________
The Purchaser agrees to pay a non-refundable 50% of the Total Price, which is $______________, upon affixing their signature to this agreement. The Purchaser further agrees to pay the remaining 50% of the Total Price, plus any other agreed upon fees on completion of the Artwork.
- The Purchaser shall pay this amount immediately if the Artwork is picked up or delivered in person.
- If the Artwork is to be shipped, the Purchaser is required to remit payment plus shipping and handling, upon notification from the Artist. Upon receipt of payment, the Artist will deliver Artwork to shipping carrier within five (5) business days.
4. Copyright: Artist retains the copyright to all works commissioned by Purchaser that was drawn or painted by Artist, including all reproduction rights and the right to claim statutory copyright. No artwork may be reproduced or altered without the written consent of the Artist. The Artist has the right to display a photographed image of the Artwork as a part of her portfolio, promotional pieces, her website, social media, or any other platform for the purpose of promoting her art business. The Artist may also use the image to enter competitions and exhibitions, which may result in third parties using the image as part of their publications. However, the Artist agrees to maintain the anonymity of the subject if requested by the Purchaser, the model, or by the legal guardian of a minor.
5. Deadline: The Artist agrees to complete the drawing/painting to her best abilities by (agreed upon) months after the finalization of design based on preliminary sketches/photographs. Any revisions that the Artist agrees to make to the Artwork will extend the deadline another six months.
6. Right of Refusal: In the event that the Purchaser does not wish to purchase the finished commissioned Artwork, the Purchaser may refuse. In that case, the Artist will retain the refused Artwork and the non-refundable deposit. This is free of any claims or interests of the Purchaser and the Purchaser will not owe any additional fees to the Artist. At any time after refusal of the Work, the Artist has the right to complete, exhibit, and sell the Artwork if the Artist so chooses.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Artist and Purchaser have executed the Agreement on the day & year written above.